Post your kickstarter/indiegogo/fundraiser here!

1313233343537»

Comments

• 48 Hours to go! 

The Hall of Judgment Kickstarter is the first 3rd-party license for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG, and one of the rare 3rd-party licenses that Steve Jackson Games has issued. It's over 400 backers and 400% funding and climbing.

What's in it for you?

• A Foreword by Sean "Dr. Kromm" Punch, GURPS Line Editor, that should make everyone that's wanted to publish for GURPS sit up and take notice
    • 20 pages of viking-inspired town, with festivals, culture, and adventure seeds
    • Three micro-dungeons to explore: a ruins and two underground warrens. 
    • Five maps by MonkeyBlood Design (Glynn Seal), ENnie-nominated cartographer. These things are unbelievably cool.
    • The main adventure, featuring a non-linear evolution in encounters, not-just-combat challenges, and more
    • Over a dozen sample characters; five or six are backer submitted at the Thegn of Your Own tier!
    • More than 30 creatures ready to play with a new open layout for easy digestion.

This book is VERY different, and quite frankly, better in almost every way than Lost Hall of Tyr, from which it sprung. 128 pages (rather than 64), full color, awesome art, and layered and hyperlinked for ease of use. The print copies will be 93#/140gsm interior paper; fulfillment is from the UK so international shipping should be pretty affordable.

Finally: let's not beat around the bush: let me quote from the aforementioned foreword: "...it bodes well for Dungeon FantasyRoleplaying Game fans and fans of SJ Games products in general. We now have evidence that licensing third-party publishers to crowdfund content for our games pays off. That isn’t a guarantee we’ll agree to every proposal—our standards remain exacting, and we still prefer
    people we know and trust—but it means we’ll listen. Intently." -Sean Punch

Please support the Hall of Judgment Kickstarter. 48 hours to go.

• NOW ON KICKSTARTER!

Incoming Transmission is an asymmetrical, cooperative, deduction game in which a Cadet is stranded in a self-destructing space station and must be rescued by the efforts of Mission Control, who is the only player who can see the Mission Objective cards showing what in the station must be fixed to save the station (and the Cadet.)

Sounds easy right? Well, Mission Control isn't allowed to speak, at all, I mean stone-faced. The only way they can communicate is with Command Cards with simple one-word instructions (e.g. NORTH, or REPAIR, or COLLECT, or WEST) 5 at a time, but before they are handed over...they're shuffled.

The Cadet (played by one or any number of players which can communicate freely) receives these Command Cards and must try to deduce in what order they really belong. One a decision is made, the operations are executed in order 1 through 5 and Cadet Meeple and Tiles on the board are changed appropriately.

If you can succeed in completing all of your Mission Objectives before time runs out, you win! 

This game has undergone intense review and has been approved and applauded by several outstanding reviewers, including: Rahdo Runs Through, Tantrum House, Casual Game Revolution, Bock's Games, Unfiltered Gamer, GeekyGaymerGuy, and Never Board Gaming, just to name a few.

It has been called "a blend of Codenames and Mastermind, with a little bit of Bomb Squad." and "an amazing two-player quiet puzzler that easily converts to party mode without a box full of naughty-word cards." It has converted co-op haters into lovers of games like this, and we hope you'll join us!

Thank you!

PDF Distribution

The (digital) moment has arrived: check your email boxes for a note from Backerkit, because the PDF file for Hall of Judgment has been given approval for distribution.

Thank you all so much for coming along with me this far!

The file as distributed is exactly what the print copy will look like. Hopefully we’ve caught most/all of the major errata, but there always seems to be a few that slip through.

Such errors can be corrected in PDF, obviously, but not print.

Haven’t ordered it yet, but want to? Hit Hosted Pre-Orders on Backerkit and get in on the first print run.

Print Schedule

The print file sailed through pre-production, and printing and binding is expected to be complete by August 22.

That’s a Wednesday, which means Thursday will see the books nipped over to my fulfillment partner in the UK, and international books should be in the mail that Friday. Backers in the UK could thus see their print copies the following week, still within August, which makes me happy.

The US copies and surplus inventory will head over to Minnesota by airmail, which means that I could be packing and mailing them the following week, assuming no delays at customs (and airmail makes that easier, ironically: less, and less-expensive, paperwork, apparently). So either later that same week, or within the two weeks thereafter (mid-September), all physical copies should be in hand.

Map Files

I will also be pushing out some VTT-scale map files. These were made available for the Lost Hall of Tyr distribution, and will also be made available with 1-yd hex overlays (for programs with built-in maps, I’ll provide a pixels-per-yard conversion).

The maps from ENnie Gold Medalist Cartographer Glynn Seal (he loves saying that, so I figured I’d repeat it) will also be made available. The large-area maps in PDF with a GM-layer for extra info, and the Logiheimli map in 72dpi with a pixels-per-yard conversion as well (though the scale is wide enough that “yards per pixel” is possible but unlikely.

Next Steps

After a deep breath to recover my balance after a long sprint to finish both this and Dragon Heresy, the Eye of Sauron will turn to what’s next. I’ve got ideas for more DFRPG stuff, and more, depending on what SJG wants to consider. More on that later.

I also will compile, after shipping of the physical product, the “where did the money go?” report, likely for both Dragon Heresy and Hall of Judgment, since they’ll finish at roughly the same time. I feel that’s an important part of Kickstarter fulfillment for projects that wouldn’t exist without your backing. Kickstarter can’t use the “I” word, but no matter what you want to call it, you guys are important Stakeholders in Gaming Ballistic thanks to your participation in this and other projects, and you deserve to know what happened on this project so that you can understand both the past and the future.

For now . . . thank you. For later: there’s more coming.

• Jovian Wars Venus Forces Kickstarter

Dream Pod 9's latest Jovian Wars Tabletop Wargame Kickstarter is live. This time we are making new spaceship, exo-armor, and fighter/bomber squad miniatures for the game's Venus faction. The Kickstarter runs to Sunday evening, December 2nd, 2018 at 8 pm EST.

Our initial funding goal is $4,000 CAD, needed to cover the mold costs for the high quality multi-part resin spaceships and give our Backers some great reward packages has already been reached. Now we are working on Stretch Goals to add more weapons and other parts to the various ships. If you love spaceship miniatures please checkout the 8 new spaceships (1/4000 scale) and 9 exo/fighter/bomber squads (1/1000 scale) in the image below.

Plus here is an image of the Strap Carrier with different views of the 3d model, exploded parts view, and photos of the actual resin miniature on 3" x 3" acrylic base. The Venus faction don't flaunt their power in the solar system and camouflage their warships as civilian freighters. Hence we have included extra cover plates for weapons and closed hanger sections to make the civilian versions or if you want you can pin the parts and hot swap as desired.

You can check it all out at the Kickstarter link below and help us by pledging for one of our great reward levels.
  • Lost Hall of Tyr (2nd Edition) Now (Funded!) on Kickstarter!

Lost Hall of Tyr (2nd Edition) is a mini-setting and adventure for the Dragon Heresy Roleplaying Game. Dragon Heresy is based on the Fifth Edition SRD engine with some setting and feel adjustments, under the OGL. The adventure can be run and played using 5e with little to no modification.

Lost Hall of Tyr (2nd Edition) contains
    • A non-linear adventure for 4-7 characters of Level 1-5
    • A detailed workup of the Viking-inspired town of Isfjall, suitable as either a home port for an extended campaign or a jumping off point for the adventure
    • Guidance and rules for overland journeys in the wild north, several adventuring locations, and of course the quest to rediscover the Lost Hall itself
    • A bestiary containing all the key creatures from the adventure, including the Dragon Heresy unique stats pre-calculated (Threat DC, Hit DC, wound and control thresholds, wounds, and vigor)
    • A short conversion guide for the limited stat differences between 5e and Dragon Heresy
    Lost Hall of Tyr has been expanded to 112 pages (from 64), in full color. The Kickstarter is to enhance the quality of the original combat/location maps, and fund a high-quality print run. Experience shows the adventure locations and challenges are very portable to other campaigns.

The campaign funded on the second day, and the ends on December 23. The full hardcover stretch goal is definitely within reach.

Lost Hall of Tyr (2nd Edition) on Kickstarter

Why 2nd Edition?

When I first published Lost Hall of Tyr, it wasn't what I wanted it to be. Not enough art, the maps weren't anything special, and the convention-style romp (2-4 hour one-shot) didn't explore the awesome viking-inspired setting that I had set the adventure within.

Thanks to the publication of the Dragon Heresy Introductory Set and the expansion of the 1st edition supplement into the much larger Hall of Judgment version for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG, I had the art, the contacts, and the content to make Lost Hall of Tyr what it should have been all along.

• Odin's Call tile based #viking strategy game now launched on #kickstarter
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/525138512/odins-call

Odins Call: is a PC / Mobile game that seeks to go back to classic RTS roots combining elements akin to populace meets settlers...  

Using simple to use controls for accessing terrain tile commands from adjusting terrain to make the area better for your tribes village of Northmen to issuing orders to launch attacks on neighboring players villages or forts.

Use simple controls for adjusting terrain to make the area better for your tribal village of Northmen, or issuing orders to launch attacks on neighboring players villages, and forts.  While players grow their territory they control in this new world they must be mindful of ancient evils that stalk the land. Sometimes its not wise to send all your strongest warriors when the winter winds blow, and Grendel walks the land.

• VivienRedVivienRed Member
    edited January 30 PM
     24H left! 
    Don't miss the Kickstarter campaign! RGG 360° the best ergonomic handle for miniature painting 

imageimage