Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Twitter

Popular This Week

What are some great board games to play with non-gamers?

I recently stumbled across a game called skulls which seems like a variant of liars dice which ended up being fun for anyone. Some other games that my non gaming friends enjoyed were splendor and Betrayal of the House on the Hill (probably because of the traitor twist and story telling aspect of the game).

Comments

• MolokovMolokov Member, Moderator
    If people are truly "non-gamers" they tend to dislike rulesets that are longer than 5-minutes explanation time. So I'd try and play Party Games with that sort of group - i.e. stuff where it's all about having fun and making each other laugh and the actual "rules" and "scoring" isn't all that important.

And luckily, The Dice Tower, just updated their list of great party games:

New to the Forum? Check out our Forum Guidelines | Introduce yourself here! | Join the G&S Community Online Game Night!

You know, I thought about curing Cancer, but there would still be eleven other horoscopes to plague us, so why even bother? - Farlander
  • Party games is probably where it's at, some non-party games can cater to everyone sometimes as well, few and far between. I went to a convention recently and social deduction games seem to be getting big. It was the first time that I played them and I can see the appeal for sure.