Tabletop Season 4

So... Tabletop Season 4 will be launched.... I don't know when :)

But Wil has published the list of games they will be playing here on his blog: http://wilwheaton.net/2016/04/heres-the-game-lineup-for-tabletop-season-four/

So there should be no more need to go "will game X be on Tabletop S4?" because you can check.

Feel free to suggest other games for future seasons in this other thread (click this link - don't add them here).

And when Tabletop Season 4 does start, you can post here about what you thought of the episodes!
New to the Forum? Check out our Forum Guidelines | Introduce yourself here! | Join the G&S Community Online Game Night!

You know, I thought about curing Cancer, but there would still be eleven other horoscopes to plague us, so why even bother? - Farlander

Comments

• Looking forward to season 4. the show really helps the girlfriend figure out which games she might like to play. 
  • Awesome, good to know what is coming! Thanks for posting this. I love the show.
  • So insane that they're doing Misspent Youth. 
  • ADoomADoom Member
    So glad that this is happening.  I love this show.  Thank you for posting this.
  • When will the first episode air?  I heard TT was coming back this month.
  • http://wilwheaton.net/2016/05/wrapping-up-tabletop-season-4/

Last sentence says: "As far as I know, new episodes will be released starting in July."

So if Wil Wheaton doesn't have an exact date, nobody else could be expected to. So it's not this month, it's next. And that doesn't mean they'll come at the /start/ of July either, it could very well not start until the end.

Shooting only wrapped mid-May (the above post is from the 14th) and post-production and editing does take quite some time :)
    New to the Forum? Check out our Forum Guidelines | Introduce yourself here! | Join the G&S Community Online Game Night!

You know, I thought about curing Cancer, but there would still be eleven other horoscopes to plague us, so why even bother? - Farlander
  • DansterCDansterC Member
    edited June 2016 PM

:)
  • ADoomADoom Member
    Sweet!(Is that dated?  I'll say it anyway.) SWEET!
  • So it is July 8 and I am aching for a new Tabletop Episode. Has anyone heard anything? I could really use a fix right now.
  • Well... there's still 3 more weeks in July, so if there's no announcement by the 31st, then we can start being angsty :)

It's possible for the show to be delayed - July was only a guess by Wil, and editing Tabletop episodes does take quite some time - but we should probably see the show within the next month or two.

• They have to have ALL the episodes edited before they can air ANY? Why?
  • Well no, they don't... but they don't necessary upload them in the order that they were recorded either.

Patience is a virtue. Plus there's SDCC in a few weeks, maybe Tabletop will start after that.

• The list of games for this season is awesome. I've already put a few on my Birthday list. Love the show. Never thought I'd be able to get my kids off of their computers  but, they really enjoy the games and I love the participation of the entire family. Looking forward to the premiere.
  • Alright you said there were 3 more weeks......this is the last week of July. I just had a fun gaming weekend, and we discussed watching this show and how much we enjoyed it. I'm hoping for this Thursday. Would a bribe help?
  • jneaujneau Member
    Looking at other web videos for "Fury of Dracula" is really making me appreciate the work TableTop puts into the game summaries (at the beginning) and covering gameplay.
  • Well - it didn't get released in July. "You're killin me Smalls!!"
  • eb0eb0 Member
    Molokov, I appreciate your willingness to do damage control, but can we have an update from someone actually involved in the process?  The fact that I just saw an advertisement for The Nerdist's twitch channel returning this Friday Friday Friday August 5th, but have been completely left in the dark about a Geek & Sundry program is ridiculous.  It seems all social media attached to Geek & Sundry is subpar, communication is horrible and the people involved are apparently oblivious, or just don't care.

Sincerely,
    A scorned Tabletop Viewer.

PS: If anyone else feels this way, reply in agreement! If you disagree call me a jerk and go about your day.
  • Hi,

so I feel you, in the last month I was basically checking every morning and every evening if the new season launched, and for the first 2-3 weeks it was kinda exciting, but now it is the 4th of August (the 3rd in the US still, I think), and it is not so easy to remain a positive attitude.

For me it is not about the waiting per se, but about the lack of Information, since Wil claimed it will start in July, and we haven't heard anything from the rest of the G&S Team (at least I haven't found any).

So granted, this situation could have been handled better.

However, I think we should not jump the gun and condemn G&S or the people involved in the show, because the minute there is a new season, I garantuee we Wil ( ;) ) forgive them for everything.

And I am still darn excited. Tabletop always managed to cheer me up, and I am really looking forward to get some snacks and watch the new episodes.

So long, I hope you are all happy and well,

Jonas
  • I must admit to not understanding the whole attitude of "better to say nothing than possibly be wrong and maybe have to later apologize for being a little optimistic".
  • Man, if Legendary really knew their stuff, then GenCon weekend would have been the perfect time to announce a premiere date for TT Season 4!  Alas, I don't think they know a damn thing about the nerd-niches in which they keep buying properties.  I feel like they're no better than any other speculative investors.