Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Twitter

Popular This Week

Dick and Pickle

I have what may appear a silly question.  Is it "The Dick and Pickle" as the players referred to it in season three, or just "Dick and Pickle" (like the band Talking Heads) as it appears in the graphic?  It is a minor detail, but I want to get the name of this fictional pub right.

Comments

• MolokovMolokov Member, Moderator
    You may have to find the episode where they came up with it (was it Sheriff of Nottingham?) and watch it again..
    New to the Forum? Check out our Forum Guidelines | Introduce yourself here! | Join the G&S Community Online Game Night!

You know, I thought about curing Cancer, but there would still be eleven other horoscopes to plague us, so why even bother? - Farlander
  • Wil refers to the pub in Sheriff of Nottingham, but the name was actually coined during the game Council of Verona.  Everyone seems to say "The Dick and Pickle."  I guess that I was thinking that "The" might have been left off of the graphic because it could have crowded an already small image.  As I said, I realize that the establishment is fictional, but I still want to get the name right.
  • I just really want to see the sign, with old wood carvings like a pair of crossed swords, swinging above a pub full of tabletop gamers.  :}

Whether or not the definitive article appears on the sign, I imagine you'd hear "Welcome to the Dick & Pickle" as soon as you entered the room.  I think you could do it either way.  A quick google image search brings up both versions, along with several . . . um . . . phallic cucumber mash-ups?  The TableTop references were right at the top of the search, at least, but it quickly veers into wild and briny chaos.  0.o
  • jneaujneau Member
  • So I made a basswood blank a couple of months ago.  I had to modify the image a bit to make the carving more manageable.  Time to begin carving!

• I am nearly done with the carving.  Here is what I have so far.

• MolokovMolokov Member, Moderator
    Looks great! You should definitely tweet the picture to Wil (@wilw)
    New to the Forum? Check out our Forum Guidelines | Introduce yourself here! | Join the G&S Community Online Game Night!

You know, I thought about curing Cancer, but there would still be eleven other horoscopes to plague us, so why even bother? - Farlander
  • I do not do the Twitter thing, but I do tumble now and again: artists-folly.tumblr.com
    There are a couple of G&S themed creations of mine scattered among the random stuff that I have posted.
  • I stained the pub sign yesterday, and did some touch-up this morning.  I simplified the color scheme so that I could use stain instead of painting the sign.  I still need to seal it.  I hope this meets everyone's approval.