Season 6 Episode 2 is here!

TabzTabz Member
edited October 2012 in The Guild
"All your problems today have been solved by Tabz, a computer, and God."

Comments

• I enjoyed it.  Love the freaking out Game Creator...And, LOVE Vork kicking Zaboo out and his reaction to Zaboo looking up his girlfriend.

I hope theres an episode where clara starts incorrectly typing your/you're and there/they're/their in emails to Vork and have him go nuts and create a filter for all clara emails that corrects her grammar b4 opening it hahahahahaha. 

Poor Codex and Clara's husband...would be funny if Clara's husband and she separate and somehow Tink and he get together....

Congrats and Thanks for a great episode.

Peace - John

• OakspoorOakspoor Member, Moderator
    Poor Cyd.
    "but, masters, remember that I am an ass; though it be not written down, yet forget not that I am an ass" W.S.
    Wheaton's Law; "Don't be a dick." It's not THAT hard.
    Crawl. Walk. Run. Fly!
    New to the Forum? Check out our Forum Guidelines
  • Daniel_WallaceDaniel_Wallace Member, Moderator
    edited October 2012 PM
    FYI: I officially hate Zaboo now, because he was mean to Cubby. ;-)

The whole scene between Vork and Zaboo in the shed ending with "nooooooo[...]ooooooo" was hilarious. I would guess they did some improv there, since that's what they did it in a lot of scenes that felt like this one in the past, and if so, I'm dying to see the outtakes. Their timing was great and only Jeff Lewis can pull of an completely outlandish character like Vork with such bizarre pieces of dialogue in a scene like this with such brilliance.

The part with Blades, Clare and Wiggly at Clara's house was great, too.

I really enjoy the storyline about Tink having to learn (the hard way) how to manage her life without male minions so far and I feel so sorry for Sid... but she'll make it in the end somehow. Hopefully. :-)

There really wasn't a single thing I didn't like in this episode, as I think about it. Except one perhaps: Why does it have to be one whole week of torturous waiting until the next episode?! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... ;-)
    If you see any spam, @-mention me in the thread and I will come in to kill it with my hammer. The hammer is not my... you know.

I try to attack ideas and not people. If I fail, let me know. You may be wrong but I still love you. ;-)

G+: https://plus.google.com/+DanielWallace/
    twitter: @evildanwallace
  • Great episode - I'm really interested in how Cyd gets out of her sticky situation.

And yes, I agree with Daniel - the Vork/Zaboo scenes were great
  • I can already imagine that Cyd will earn the love and respect of her new co-workers over the love and respect of Floyde, and then convince him that the game is more important than the responses (Great metaphor!), but I can't wait to watch tat unfold :)!

I just want to see more of Bruiser!!  ZOW!!
  • Also, an underwater world with mer-people... that would be totally tits!

"but, masters, remember that I am an ass; though it be not written down, yet forget not that I am an ass" W.S.
    Crawl. Walk. Run. Fly!
  • TriencoTrienco Member, Moderator
    Couldn't help smiling about Floyd being completely paralyzed by negative comments. It's just one of those things where knowing the background is adding to the enjoyment.

Also, I wonder if this is a cautionary tale about what happens if a company is run by the creative guy/designer. If us "thinkers" and "doers" would be allowed to just take as much time as we like to make everything perfect, would there ever be any finished products coming out?

However, what happened between releasing the first expansion and now? I doubt he was always like that, or The Game probably wouldn't exist. We can't blame Codex, since that problem is obviously going on for quite a while (but it might explain his reaction towards her). And is there a Publisher that might be getting impatient?

Yes, I'm probably over analyzing.
  • Daniel_WallaceDaniel_Wallace Member, Moderator
    @Trienco: "If us "thinkers" and "doers" would be allowed to just take as much time
    as we like to make everything perfect, would there ever be any finished
    products coming out?"
    I would never admit that to one of my bosses, but probably not. :-D
    That said, it still sucks that one always has to settle with something between 75% and 90% of what the finished product could be if give a little more time.
    If you see any spam, @-mention me in the thread and I will come in to kill it with my hammer. The hammer is not my... you know.

I try to attack ideas and not people. If I fail, let me know. You may be wrong but I still love you. ;-)

G+: https://plus.google.com/+DanielWallace/
    twitter: @evildanwallace
    edited October 2012 PM
    @Daniel_Wallace -- "That said, it still sucks that one always has to settle with something
    between 75% and 90% of what the finished product could be if give a little more time"

Any creator trying to perfect the product is an example of infinite divisibility. Progress is ever closer to the goal but always a little short.

It becomes a case of diminishing returns to allow creators to continue to "perfect" something. eventually it needs to be decided what is ready for market. Unfortunately, this decision is usually made by the marketing department.

Best case scenario; Apple under Steve Jobs. Worse scenarios would include Windows ME or Vista and Sony LaserDisc.

When there is a devise that is as powerful as a laptop, is my phone, a satellite connecting WiFi hotspot, with a seamless open-source operating system and fits on my wrist with a 3-D holographic interface using bluetooth connected noise-cancelling, stereo earbuds, I'll be happy. Then I'll die of old age.
    Crawl. Walk. Run. Fly!
  • Really nice episode. I found great the combination of Clara and Bladez, and the Zaboo/Vork part was funny too. Glad that even the co workers of Codex are doing a good job to entertain and keep the show at a good level, at first the introduction of more secondary characters leaved me worried.
  • I wonder if Floyd actually knows Codex's name is Cyd. He introduces her to everyone as Codex but everyone else is introduced by first name. Great episode!