WHERE THE JUNK IS SPELLSLINGERS???

edited February 2016 in Spellslingers
Ok G&S, I feel that I've been rather patient. It's been a number of months now, and I keep getting mixed signals from you guys. Is Spellslingers coming back or aint it? I need to watch Sean play MTG with famous nerds that I have or haven't heard of. I need to hear bad jokes, gratuitous punnery, and an insane amount bleeping. This is seriously the show that brought me into this fold, where I've since found a lot of great content. Now the one thing that brought me here is gone. Why would you give me a taste of milk and honey, only to turn around sick the bees and bears on me? Please bring it back. I hate bees.

Comments

• i feel the same it brought me over two years ago now and helped me learn the ways of the planeswalker and the comedy portion made me stick around. but its not here anymore and id love to see it back.
  • I've done a quick search to see if there's been any word of a Season 4 - Day[9] hasn't said anything (and lots of people have asked him on Twitter) and there's no information from Geek and Sundry as yet.

So the answer is "We don't know".

I guess asking Day[9] that you'd love to see more may be the best way to show there's demand, but make sure you're polite and not aggressive!
    New to the Forum? Check out our Forum Guidelines | Introduce yourself here! | Join the G&S Community Online Game Night!

You know, I thought about curing Cancer, but there would still be eleven other horoscopes to plague us, so why even bother? - Farlander
  • The thing that I'm most confused about is the fact that there has been NO discussion about this from G&S for many months. If their fans are clamoring so much to know about the future of these shows, wouldn't they want to say something in response at least? I for one would even be fine hearing that it's all still up in the air. But this silence leaves fans feeling kind of left out in the cold.
  • Then again, silence in the entertainment industry generally means "we don't know yet" or "it's not official so we're not allowed to say". They're happy to say "no" if it's a definite "no", and "yes" if an official announcement has been made, but that grey area in between is where it's better to say nothing at all...
    New to the Forum? Check out our Forum Guidelines | Introduce yourself here! | Join the G&S Community Online Game Night!

You know, I thought about curing Cancer, but there would still be eleven other horoscopes to plague us, so why even bother? - Farlander
  • WorldwalkerWorldwalker Member
    edited June 2016 PM

I don't think that logic can be supported. In the entertainment
    industry, content producers are asked questions about current and future ventures all the
    time. They don't just ignore them. Silence is only expected when the consumer
    knows something is coming in the first place, but the details not divulged. The
    most recent Star Wars is a prime example of this. The announcement of the
    reboot was very well publicized, but the subsequent details of that reboot were
    very tight-lipped. However, they never ignored the fanbase. 

Trying to say that it is better to stay silent on this issue for some
    ambiguous ethical reason is a total cop-out. Not only this, but in November of
    G&S clearly said, "We'll announce more news early next year
    for when Spellslingers Season 4 will return" (Link).
    NOTHING has been announced since then.

Clearly, this isn't just a matter of unwarranted silence on the issue
    (although, just a response saying "we don't know yet" would be
    preferable to nothing at all). This is a matter of content creators saying they'd do
    something for their fans and choosing to not follow through with it. It's
    irresponsible, and frankly justifies the trend of so many people declaring their "unsubscribed" status on G&S's youtube discussion board.

Please G&S, at least respect the fans enough to update them.

• edited June 2016 PM
    Amen, my friend. Amen.
  • I registered to this site souly to comment my disapproval that there has been no comment from G&S on the on-goings of Spellslingers.
  • Hey guys. This is Kevin - the social media guy at Geek & Sundry. Sorry this information has been such a long time coming. I get your frustration. 

The short version of the story is that Spellslingers is on indefinite hold. That doesn't necessarily mean there won't be any more Spellslingers episodes - but it does mean that production on the series is halted to a degree that we couldn't in good conscience tell you that anything new was coming. I'm crossing my fingers for more, but the last thing I want to do to you guys is over-promise and under-deliver. 

@Molokov above said it best - we didn't really have any hard news on this for a while, so we didn't want to dash any hopes or say we could do something we couldn't. 

I know this sucks, and it isn't the news you really wanted to hear. I'm sorry about that, guys. But we're still working hard to produce lots of other great stuff for you to enjoy. 

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll be threadsitting all week. 
  • @Zuffy - That other thread was started by @RobManuel, he is (or was) the chief editor of GeekandSundry.com - he's in videos about some of the board games, e.g. http://geekandsundry.com/you-should-play-legends-of-andor/

• Appreciate the update. Like you said, wish the news was better, but if/when you make another season, I'll be watching.