Doctor Who Debate

VictorVictor Member
edited December 2015 in TV & Movies

Topic for debate:

Who loves whom more? Rory's love of Amy, or The Doctor's love of Clara.

Comments

• The Dalek's love of exterminating.
    New to the Forum? Check out our Forum Guidelines | Introduce yourself here! | Join the G&S Community Online Game Night!

You know, I thought about curing Cancer, but there would still be eleven other horoscopes to plague us, so why even bother? - Farlander
  • Rory..His thousand years was with full memory and understanding of what he was doing. From the doctors perspective his Billion+ years were only 1 day at a time. Rory could also have left, while the doctor could not.
  • VictorVictor Member
    edited January 2016 PM
    @Molokov - Well Played.

@Zabom - Do you think that The Doctor did not realize he had been punching his way through rock for billions of years once he saw the tunnel beginning to form (Also the reference to the bird makes it seem like he knew he had been there before/that whole time span)?  I have no rebuttal for his inability to leave, although he could have given up and accepted an inescapable Hell in which he continually got hunted and killed.

(Also I should note, I simply enjoy debate, please do not take my counter proposal as a sign of the typical ignorant aggression that one finds on the internet, thanks.)
  • I think that each time he saw the ice wall - plus the "bird" note he saw scrawled in the sand each time was basically the point at which he realised what had happened... but it was too late to do anything and he knew all he could do is make a small dent in the ice, and then leave the same clues for the next iteration...
    New to the Forum? Check out our Forum Guidelines | Introduce yourself here! | Join the G&S Community Online Game Night!

You know, I thought about curing Cancer, but there would still be eleven other horoscopes to plague us, so why even bother? - Farlander
  • I'll stick to Rory and Amy 'cause i'm sick of Clara. 12 doctor is awesome, but he is not rly about love. I hope the next season will help Capaldi's doctor to blossom.
  • I think he is all about love, @4Monkeys.  Love will drive someone to do far greater things and push their rules and limits more than ever before, and that is exactly what the "War Doctor" is doing.
  • Tough question! I'm gonna go with The Doctor and Clara because I feel like from the absolute moment they met, they were enchanted with each other. 
  • Hmmmm, gotta go with Rory and Amy, a love so total they would throw themselves off a building into uncertainty for each other, and after surviving that, Amy chooses to follow Rory again into uncertainty....  My second place has to go to Tennent and Rose, you could literally re-hydrate the planet with the tears shed over that loss !   
  • I also say Rory and Amy, although I think their love is totally different than The Doctor and Clara's. The Doctor and Clara were connected, but like @Zabom said, Rory had a choice, and he chose Amy. They always chose each other, until the end. Even Amy, in all her fun and adventures with The Doctor, always knew that it was Rory that she truly loved.