Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Twitter

Popular This Week

Back Issue Suggestions

Not sure if this is the place to make suggestions, but I'd love for Amy, Hector and Whitney (also Zac) to suggest past trades that are easily accessible to viewers. Like maybe a best of Thor, or Doctor Strange, or Batman for what's currently out/available to viewers. Maybe just alternate hosts suggestions every week, so it's not too much work for anyone. (Or maybe just highlight their picks for trade paperbacks each week?)

Comments

• VirginiaApplejackVirginiaApplejack Member, Moderator
    Hi @CurtCole, that's a fantastic idea! Even just as a highlight, I think it would be good to talk about how to catch up with the storyline as it exists today. Thanks for the suggestion :)
  • They already do it but not as a separate segment, its usually included in their discussion of the weekly news, what their pick for the week is, upcoming no.1 or even during interviews.

It could be a good idea to suggest one specific series as a separate segment but they're probably going to keep recommending stuff related to what they're talking about.

Off the top of my head they've recommended:
    • The Killing Joke
    • All-Star Superman
    • Kingdom Come
    • Astonishing X-Men
    • Amazing Spider-Man by J. Michael Straczynksi
    • Sandman
    • Moon Knight (First 6 issues written by Warren Ellis)
    • Y: The Last Man
    • The Dark Knight Returns (Might've been Concession Stand after watching the Batman VS Superman  trailer)
    • Blackest Night (Group Hug recommendation, last week's theme)

I know I'm forgetting a lot. There was some Wolverine suggestions made during an interview, some Fantastic Four after the reading, some more Superman during the interview with Max Landis, etc...

• @BamBamSam Yeah, I've really enjoyed their suggestions so far. From this week's mini-show, sounds like they have quite a lot of segments they'll be adding to the show. Excited. :)
  • BamBamSamBamBamSam Member
    edited September 2015 PM
    Interesting segments and voice acting this week, haha. Although it probably didn't go the way they planned, I think the new segments they are trying are going to be good. Previously, it felt like they had to rush through the news, their pull, what is coming out each week then the question of the week before moving to the interview. It didn't give them much time to discuss topics before having to move on to the next thing.

My only suggestion would be to continue opening the show with the Reading, and following that up immediately with the Interview. Maybe that would allow them to take their time with other segments instead of having to rush through them so that they don't keep their guest waiting too long.

There wasn't a question of the week this time so I'm going to leave the one from the previous one in case that Amy, Hector and Whitney are going to be answering it next week:

Q: If you could spend a long weekend/holiday with a member of the X-Men, who would it be?
    David's Answer: Jean Grey, Jubilee or Gambit
  • To Amy, Hector and Whitney - thank you for all the great episodes of The Pull!  I enjoyed the shows, since I am a comic fan, but mostly I enjoyed your enhusiasm for comics.  Watching all of you and The Pull made my Tuesday nights just a touch more awesome.

While The Pull will be missed, I think we can say that the idea of doing read-throughs of scripts, trade paperbacks, etc...  has me smiling and laughing already.  The episode featuring Kraven's Last Hunt was amazing, and is, I'm sure, just a taste of things to come.

Thanks again -  and keep up the great work!

Excelsior!