Question about episode release dates

lonewanderlonewander Member
edited September 2014 in The Guild
I'm trying to put together a page that lists episodes of The Guild with their release dates, but I'm finding conflicting information on different websites. At first I was looking at Wikipedia, but then I found very different dates for each episode listed on IMDb and elsewhere. At the moment I'm going with IMDb's dates for seasons one and two (I don't even want to move on to the other seasons until I figure out what's up with the first two seasons). I have no idea why there would be different dates listed for season one, but for season two I was assuming it's because episodes were released first by Microsoft and later on YouTube and watchtheguild.com. However, Wikipedia's production notes for season two mentions a four week delay between Microsoft and YouTube, however when I compare the dates on Wikipedia's episode list and IMDb's list, the delay is very inconsistent, certainly not four weeks. The difference could be a day, a week, or a few months. And I tried checking YouTube itself, but I can't find the original uploads of the episodes, it seems like they've been replaced by videos that were re-uploaded sometime later. So I just want to know if anyone has a list of when the episodes definitely, actually, originally debuted on each platform. 
Absolutely Pointless
"Adulthood... I'll see you in hell." -Skip Gilchrist

Comments

• ZuffyZuffy Member, Moderator
    Hmm, before watchtheguild.com was updated there was a blog there, with a dated post for each episode release. It now appears to be gone, however it is archived here: https://web.archive.org/web/20131129103119/http://www.watchtheguild.com/blog/
    Looking for Community? Check out teamhooman.com
    My forum themes: Standard, Autumn/Fall
  • Thanks a ton, Zuffy! I'm now about halfway done making the list... there was one ep where the blog listed a date that was one day off of IMDb's list, and I checked YouTube, which agreed with IMDb, so I figure maybe the sites are hosted in different time zones? Anyway, I went along with IMDb & YouTube rather than the blog. There were a few other times this happened, as well, but mostly all three sites are in agreement. Also, from checking the blog archive I have come to realize I was mistaken about the YouTube videos being re-uploaded... it's just that they actually premiered on YouTube A LOT longer than I thought after they premiered on Microsoft. (It's funny, there's a good chance that at the time season 2 first premiered on Microsoft, I was super-annoyed that I had to wait so long for my chance to see it, but now I don't remember that at all. But then, I don't even remember for sure when I first watched season one; it must have been sometime after Dr. Horrible.)
    Absolutely Pointless
    You're welcome. :)

I was rather late to The Guild party so the delayed youtube release dates for season 2 were not an issue for me. I still wish I'd discovered it right at the beginning though. :/ Same with Dr Horrible, I managed to miss that for two years...
  • lonewanderlonewander Member
    edited September 2014 PM
    The Guild (episodes)
    So, I've finished the page (though the episodes still need to be recapped, which I won't be getting around to anytime soon. so if anyone wants to do that, feel free.) I'm not 100% sure that 100% of the dates I put on the page are right, but I don't think any of them are off by more than a day, and I feel like this page probably is the most accurate one on the interwebz. I will say I was really thrown a bit by season five, because apparently it started rerunning on G&S in the second week of our beloved channel's existence, but I could have sworn that didn't happen until at least a few months later. But hey, I know from long experience that I can't trust my memory.

Although one memory I do cherish is the week in July 2008 when Dr. Horrible premiered, not only because I had fun watching that, but because it was the same week as the final ten episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender. (It might just be the best week in history.)

Oh, yeah, I also wanted to mention I'm not sure every episode title is exactly right, for example, there's one that some sites call "Revolving Door" and some call "Revolving Doors." 
    Absolutely Pointless
    edited September 2014 PM
    The episode title on the G&S youtube channel is 'Revolving Door' so I'd say that's the correct version. The playlist is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA97B3EBB4CB6E223