Geek & Sundry should have a wiki

13»

Comments

• torontogaltorontogal Member, Moderator
    @lonewander - maybe for safety's sake, you may want to promote @Zuffy to Admin level as well.  e.g., just in case we ever get spambot edits etc, it would be good to have a handful of people who have Admin powers.  I'd boost his status myself, but I think you need to be a 'Bureaucrat' to actually modify permissions :)
  • I've been thinking of that, but I've said a couple of times in this thread that I'm waiting for people to ask to become admins. I feel it would be presumptuous to just do it, because it's always possible some contributors may not want to be admins. 
    Absolutely Pointless
    "Adulthood... I'll see you in hell." -Skip Gilchrist
  • torontogaltorontogal Member, Moderator
    @lonewander - fair point - as you said, it's up to @Zuffy if he wants the additional powers.  But given how much work he already does for the forums, maybe he'd rather just stick with 'normal' status for the time-being.  I'm fine with either choice!
  • Ahh, thanks @lonewander, I looked at the 'Shows' category page and some of those older shows weren't listed, but I see you are very much on the ball :D I'll keep an eye on the wiki and maybe decide later on what (and when ) I can contribute something.
    New to the Forum? Check out our Forum Guidelines | Introduce yourself here! | Join the G&S Community Online Game Night!

You know, I thought about curing Cancer, but there would still be eleven other horoscopes to plague us, so why even bother? - Farlander
  • The categories are just one way of letting visitors explore the site. Whenever you create a page on the wiki, you should add a category to that page, and doing so adds that page to the category. (While you are editing the page there should be a box on the right side of the screen where you can add a category. But if you don't add it while you're editing, then at the bottom of the page after you've created it there should be a thing that lets you add a category without editing the page.)
    Absolutely Pointless
  • Just hopping in to say what an awesome job you guys/gals are doing.  Looks great so far!
    For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: Know more about the world than I knew yesterday, and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson
  • Added the trailer for "Your Dungeon My Dragon" to the front page of the wiki.
    Absolutely Pointless
  • I haven't been doing anything either, also on account of not being in a wiki editing mood. 
    Absolutely Pointless
  • I have overcome my inertia just enough to start a page for Your Dungeon My Dragon, but I haven't written anything about the plot yet. Because so far I'm not terribly clear about what the plot actually is.
    Absolutely Pointless
  • Thanks again for doing this everyone! When I get some interns in the Spring I plan to add more to it, as I think a wiki is a wonderful thing to have as a resource.

• http://geekandsundry.wikia.com/wiki/Twitch

I have added a very basic page about the Twitch channel, but I'm not really a Twitch person, so I don't know much about it. If anyone wants to add to the page, or start pages for any of G&S's Twitch shows, it would be appreciated.
    Absolutely Pointless
  • So... I started the wiki eight months ago, and probably not too long after that I... did whatever it is one does to try to get a wiki to appear in wikia's search engine. Periodically since then I've searched for it from wikia.com, and today is the first time I searched for it that it actually showed up in the search results. So I'm kind of excited about that.
    Absolutely Pointless
  • lonewanderlonewander Member
    edited August 2016 PM
    I'm stopping by more than a year after my last post in this thread, apparently, to sort of apologize for the fact that I haven't really had much chance to keep up with updating the wiki, largely because my internet got really slow. But also I worry that I may not always be aware of when G&S launches new series. Before today, I had one show listed under "shows debuting in 2016" on the wiki page that lists all the shows (that I am aware of). But today I added three more shows (none of which have their own wiki pages yet). So once again, I want to remind people that the wiki exists, and ask anyone who has an interest to take part in building the wiki. In particular, add any shows to that page that I may have missed, and if you see any shows already on the list that link to nonexistent pages, please feel free to start pages for those shows. (Because that's how wikis work.)
    Absolutely Pointless