Spellslingers S02 EP01 Day[9] Vs Greg Miller

alanalmeriaalanalmeria Member, Moderator
edited July 2014 in Spellslingers

Sean's back, He's red and white, and he's funnier than ever.

I'll admit I was a little wary going into season 2, partially because of not knowing any of the guests this season (Greg was awesome FWI), and partially because as a non-magician I was wondering how much text support we'd get in year two (lots, not to mention a rookie player - yay!) But to the surprise of absolutely no-one the show was just as awesome as it was the first time round.

And what a way to start, now admittedly its possible the order was designed to give us a close game right off the bat, but whether it was or not, that was a thoroughly entertaining match. Sean managed to display his uncanny ability to be land-starved, top deck like a boss, and beat the inevitable troll comments all at once, and Greg proved that even a newbie can pull out some life altering combo's :-)

Looking forwards to the rest of the season 2 (& 3/4/5...), and seeing (SPOILER) if Sean can pull off a perfect 6-0 record this time out.

(Calling it now, unbeaten Day[9] is season 2, cos that's real likely to happen.) 

Love The Guild and/or Choose Your Own Adventure Novels? Then make sure to check out The Trials of Codex.

Comments

• HOORAY season 2 !!!  Still my favorite show next to The Guild.  I too know nothing of Greg Miller but their interactions were very humorous.  I now have to find ways to implement to word Rotatitude into my daily use.
    For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: Know more about the world than I knew yesterday, and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson
  • I don't play Magic, I've stayed away from it deliberately as I know it can be a terrible money sink (as evidenced by my girlfriend's MTG purchases, and she's not even that much of an addict to the game).

But this show is so entertaining and I can see how the game could be exciting and fun. Having seen the previews for this season, I don't think I know any of the guests except Allie Brosh (and that's only via her blog & book, not via any actual video appearances), but I think it's still going to be a wonderfully entertaining season.
    New to the Forum? Check out our Forum Guidelines | Introduce yourself here! | Join the G&S Community Online Game Night!

You know, I thought about curing Cancer, but there would still be eleven other horoscopes to plague us, so why even bother? - Farlander