Happy Thanksgiving!

edited November 2013 in Geek & Sundry Discussion
You silly Americans, everyone knows Thanksgiving is in October ;)

From your friendly neighbourhood (spelt that right by the way, with the u) Canadian

Serious, happy holidays guys, may you not kill your families and not get trampled in the malls on Friday

CHEERS!

Comments

• Fiendish_ImpFiendish_Imp Member, Moderator
    Thanksgiving in October, what a weird concept. At least it probably retains its meaning whereas here it is slowly getting consumed by greedy companies.

Living overseas for a few years has given my spellchecker fits adding in a u here and changing a z to an s there.

Happy Turkey Day of Death!!
    Drink responsibly and eat responsibly!!
    Viva la Retrolution!

http://twitter.com/TheFiendishImp
    Steam ID: fiendish imp
  • Don_DiegoDon_Diego Member, Moderator
    edited November 2013 PM
    I will accept your thanks and proceed to steal your land.  (Too soon?)
    "Go forth and screw up!" -New Vlogger Army

Youtube: youtube.com/ClassyDonDiego
    Twitter: twitter.com/Classy_Don

• FarlanderFarlander Member
    edited November 2013 PM
    What's the Canadian houliday like, @blairbeveridge? Aside from being earlier in the fall, I assume there must be some distinguishing customs, like fewer gunfights and explosions, that set it apart from the American version. :}

• edited November 2013 PM
    Canadian Thanksgiving we head to the cottage, take the one last swim (sometimes this is easy, sometimes it isn't), play a bunch of board games.  Have an excruciating dinner with the elder generation lecturing us all, wanting us to be like they were at our age.  Playing more board games, Take the boat out of the water, close up the cottage for the winter and head home.

The weekend we mourn summer.  And play games

• I should have posted this on Thanksgiving but it has been a little crazy so here goes......

At this time of giving thanks I would like to extend that sentiment to all of the beautiful people who make up the Geek & Sundry community.  I am grateful for the friends I have made here, the ones I have yet to make, and to the people who make all of this happen.  This community has changed my life for the better in ways I never thought possible.  I wish I could  articulate the words to better express myself. 

Thank you all from the very bottom of my heart.
    For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: Know more about the world than I knew yesterday, and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson