Scariest of them all.

ropidonropidon Member
edited November 2013 in Geek & Sundry Discussion
While pondering what could achieve the title of most horrific on the face of the planet I lamented and then produced an astonishing discovery, which I shall pose here, for your speculation.  

This creature is found on every continent.  This creature is so numerous it is hard to count.  This creature works in large societies and collaborates to build fantastic structures. This creature thinks collectively (this is really scary).

Man? No.

This creature eats almost everything, be it meat, vegetable or wood.  This creatures goes to all places, small and large.  This creature dominates other societies not by decisive victories, but by attrition and overflowing numbers.  

Cockroaches?  Close, but here's an important factor:

This creature is a female dominated society.  (Most destructive powers I feel are, as the female is more apt to control such power, being a Mother and having more of an open heart makes one more reluctant to destroy.)

Got it yet?  Here's the REALLY scary part.

Feed any one of these creatures as a babe a special concoction of protein and sugar and it becomes the next Monarchy ruler.  ANY one of them. 
And now for the secret part of their agenda, which I shall propose as my own meditative discovery:
Feed any one of these babes another mixture and they become exponentially greater in size.  And fed another special brew, their bites become poisonous.  (sounds like Magic cards)

Know what they are?  
"Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter." Kip to Napoleon Dynamite

Comments

• alanalmeriaalanalmeria Member, Moderator
    edited November 2013 PM

My first guess reading through was the ANT.

They certainly cover the ridiculously large number count, and relentless wave portions of the text. And the female matriarchy and genetic development of their eggs, pretty much screams insect based life form.

Of course you could make the argument that you don't find them in Antarctica, but I have a feeling you weren't including that!

Even if its not the right answer, they still seems to be 2 million at least living in my garden, and they're the bane of my existence.

Love The Guild and/or Choose Your Own Adventure Novels? Then make sure to check out The Trials of Codex.

• Bacteria? Termites? Ants?

Though I do take some issue with your interpretation of mother-rooted power, this is an interesting conundrum.
  • Tribbles! No? Anime schoolgirls? They can be pretty scary. Hmm. What are those little yokai spirits with the rotating heads called in Princess Mononoke? The ones that sprout up like little mushrooms, and make clicking noises. Okay, fine, ants make the most sense. Borg nanites? :}
  • um....Correct!  Nanite tribble schoolgirls with rotating heads it is.
    "Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter." Kip to Napoleon Dynamite
  • Terrifying!