Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Twitter

Popular This Week

Web Series

OakspoorOakspoor Member, Moderator
edited August 2012 in Community Open Forum
I just found The Vault and wanted to share. It's premise vaguely reminds me of a 1997 Canadian movie "Cube" without the gory death scenes every 5 minutes.

I invite you to share your favorite web series links, titles and/or descriptions. Sharing will help bring more views and hits to your favorite online shows and bring more support to them.
"but, masters, remember that I am an ass; though it be not written down, yet forget not that I am an ass" W.S.
Wheaton's Law; "Don't be a dick." It's not THAT hard.
Crawl. Walk. Run. Fly!
New to the Forum? Check out our Forum Guidelines

Comments

• @Oakspoor I think I love you. First you start the "cancelled too soon" discussion, now this. I started a blog about webseries because I'm a huge fan of the underappreciated medium, and I was spamming my co-workers too much with my video finds.

My current favorite is The Lizzie Bennet Diaries (Modern version of Pride and Prejudice re-imagined as a vlog)

One that just started that looks really promising is H+ which is a post apocalyptic series that just started this week I believe.

Today's discovery (via Gawker) is a bunch of videos of a Ukranian American Staffordshire Terrier doing Parkour.  Much more entertaining than a cat sitting in a box.

I have many more...

twitter: https://twitter.com/kristinbytes
    blog: kristinbytes.com
    It's mostly about videos I watch. On the interwebs.
  • OakspoorOakspoor Member, Moderator
    H+ does look pretty promising. I seem to remember seeing a trailer for it a few months ago.

@KIRSTEN_BYTES  How about a link for your web series blog? I would like to check it out.
    "but, masters, remember that I am an ass; though it be not written down, yet forget not that I am an ass" W.S.
    Crawl. Walk. Run. Fly!
  • @Kirsten_Bytes, I'm seriously in love the The Lizzie Bennet Diaries! I'm pretty sure I just stalk everything about that webshow...

I'm also currently loving On The Table with Eric Ripert, the first episode was with Anthony Bourdain and it was fantastic! Both are brilliant in the kitchen and a lot of fun to watch. (probably a little off the G&S topic but worth a watch)
  • Wow.   

I've basically just fallen into this medium, now I have too much great stuff to watch...curse you G&S!

A couple of similar but different series I've recently stumbled across:

Sandeep Parikh's twisted look on superheroes with funding problems

Another superhero series, but in this case more of a "Justice League" meets "The Office".

Both are very well written and really funny.

• @Oakspoor  Sure - kristinbytes.com  It's only two months old so it's still a work in progress, but it's doing better than any of my prior attempts at blogging.

@TatianaJB Me too. I cannot believe how much I like this series. I have two twitter LBD lists. One for just the characters and one for the actual people. I've been threatening to start a kitty bennet youtube channel if they don't start one soon. As far as I'm concerned, nothing's off topic. Sundry: various; varied, diverse. If you like it, then share it.

@GoodCode I love Save the Supers. So funny. I have not seen the Collectables, but I'll definitely check it out.
  • I've been watching Save the Supers and just recently found Lizzie Bennett Diaries. Hadn't seen the others, so thanks! I recently cut the cable, so web shows, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant, and Netflix streaming are my entertainment. (Plus OTA locals...)
  • kierykiery Member
    edited August 2012 PM
    Excluding G&S and Nerdist channels....

I recently discovered Journey Quest - currently in their second season and with Fran Kranz (Topher from Dollhouse)!!! - and (our very own) Nerd Vs World ^.^

I also *love* the Lizzie Bennett Diaries, which is huge for me because I am not an Austen fan, but they're awesome.

I'll have to check out the other ones, though Save the Supers is *really* funny.....
    Blog: http://kieryking.com/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/kiery28
    KieryGeek: http://youtube.com/kierygeek

{excuse me while I leave gifs everywhere....}
    edited August 2012 PM
    Great page kristin_bytes !! That's gonna keep me busy for a couple weeks.
    Crawl. Walk. Run. Fly!
  • I really don't watch a lot outside of G&S and related shows like Save the Supers and MyGimpyLife, those are great.

One I got to watching awhile back for giggles is My Drunk Kitchen. It's fun to watch when you can't sleep at 2am. lol

@Ayachi  My Gimpy Life rocks like sox on a fresh waxed floor! A good friend of mine is in a wheelchair and this show NAILS it. We were in a bar and some guy came up and asked him what war he was paralyzed in.
    Crawl. Walk. Run. Fly!
  • @Oakspoor Omg noooo, wow! lol I can tell all of Teal's frustrations are spilling out in this series! Good for her. It is an eye opener to those of us who don't personally know anyone with a disability.
  • I've only ever watched a couple of web series myself, so I guess this thread'll give me something to do for a while.

Of the two I've watched one was an Amanda Tapping thing, but I've forgotten the name.  Some sorta high fantasy thing with a clockwork assassin or something.  It was ok, but didn't really leave me desperate for more.

The other I really liked though: The Booth At The End.  Fairly old now I think, but I was late to the party anyway.  It basically asks what you'd be willing to do to get what you want.  A simple concept, but I thought it was done really well, with just the right amount of mystery and unsettlingness (I don't think that's a word).  Looks like the episodes are offline at the moment though.
  • I'm watching Marble Hornets at the moment. It's scarier than most horror films!
    Chris Regan
    http://www.whatwritesatmidnight.blogspot.co.uk/

Check out my short film Jenny Ringo and the Monkey's Paw - www.jennyringo.com
  • I'm trying to remember the name of a web series that I stumbled upon a while ago. I apologize in advance that my recollections are very thin and sketchy, but hopefully someone recognizes the show. Here's what I remember:

* A group of role players (D&D style game) are trying to get a party back together.
    * They're short a player, so they recruit the girlfriend of one of the players. This causes some tension at first.
    * For some reason, one of the male players plays a female character, which is sometimes funny when the show switches to showing the party in-game. Sometimes his character is played by a hot blonde woman, other times it's the male player in an ill-fitting outfit and bad blonde wig.
    * in one episode they keep dying during this one part, so keep going back in with new characters (ifmI remember correctly).
    * The whole show is a bit cheesy/campy.

There are a few other random bits and pieces I can remember, but above are the biggest. Ring any bells?
  • Season 2 of Brad Bell and Jane Espenson's Husbands just debuted on YouTube, with guest appearances by Joss Whedon, Amber Benson, Emma Caulfield, Dichen Lachman, Tricia Helfer, and Felicia Day (Might not be work appropriate depending on where you work. I'm in IT where we embrace the inappropriate so it's hard to say.). Great episode. If you haven't watched Season 1 yet, it only clocks in at about 30 minutes so it's not hard to catch up.

@Ayachi @Oakspoor  I love My Gimpy Life too. I'd say it's inspirational but I don't want to get my ass kicked.

• @Kristin_Bytes Thanks for being awesome and promoting Husbands!
  • Now I feel really stupid for not remembering: it was Dorkness Rising.
    edited August 2012 PM
    @Planet_Irata Did you really mean to type "DORKNESS RISING"?

Crawl. Walk. Run. Fly!
  • MolokovMolokov Member, Moderator
    @Biowrath the Steampunk/Amanda Tapping one you're thinking of is probably Riese: Kingdom Falling made by the Syfy Channel, (Tapping narrates).
    New to the Forum? Check out our Forum Guidelines | Introduce yourself here! | Join the G&S Community Online Game Night!

You know, I thought about curing Cancer, but there would still be eleven other horoscopes to plague us, so why even bother? - Farlander
  • @Molokov that's the one, cheers for filling in for my memory (and encouraging my laziness) :)