Season 5 is REALLY expensive!!!

SoPerFitSoPerFit Member
edited August 2012 in The Guild
@ Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006C6ERIM?ie=UTF8&tag=watchtheguild-20&creativeASIN=B006C6ERIM

I don't know why the "2007" season 5 would be so much more expensive than the 2011 season 5? 

The first link is linked from www.watchtheguild.com/buy and the second from http://shop.geekandsundry.com/. Now if Felicia is selling a super awesome version that costs $1000 I might be interested but I highly doubt it. So being the cheap bastard I am, I will go for what's behind DVD case #2!

Comments

• torontogaltorontogal Member, Moderator
    edited August 2012 PM
    @Soperfit - welcome to the forums!  And thanks for the funny post!  I believe the first version of the DVD was one where Amazon would press/print it on demand, where as the second version is the 'official release' that was mass-produced and sent out to stores, etc. 

Content-wise I think they're pretty much the same - which makes it quite funny that the first version is selling for $999.99?!  That said, maybe there's a secret reasoning behind that price - like maybe if you buy it, Felicia hand-delivers it to your door :)
  • TimTim Member
    Why wouldn't the 2007 Season 5 cost so much more? Do you have any idea how expensive it is to send something back in time? First, there is the cost of finding a working DeLoren (good luck there!). Second, thanks to increased security due to 9/11, acquiring enough plutonium to generate the necessary 1.21 gigawatts of electricity is almost impossible (and thanks to the death of Qadafi, the Libyans are no longer a viable source.) So it's understandable that that version costs a little more, for what it took to get it to Amazon, it's actually an incredible bargain.
  • OakspoorOakspoor Member, Moderator
    Charge what the market will bear.

To whomever would pay $1000 for a DVD, I have some beachfront property just minutes away Wichita...
    "but, masters, remember that I am an ass; though it be not written down, yet forget not that I am an ass" W.S.
    Wheaton's Law; "Don't be a dick." It's not THAT hard.
    Crawl. Walk. Run. Fly!
    New to the Forum? Check out our Forum Guidelines
  • Ah man! I knew i should have shopped around before I bought that!
  • OakspoorOakspoor Member, Moderator
    Its not even signed. It might be worth $1000 if it came with Felicia...
    "but, masters, remember that I am an ass; though it be not written down, yet forget not that I am an ass" W.S.
    Wheaton's Law; "Don't be a dick." It's not THAT hard.
    Crawl. Walk. Run. Fly!
    New to the Forum? Check out our Forum Guidelines
  • But hey, on the plus side if you buy it new, you get it for $992.97, a full $7.07 less than the old copy!

WHAT A BARGAIN!
    Jeremy Thomas
    "You think you're better than other people!"
    "Just the ones I'm better than."
    Twitter Me
    My 411mania work
    My Letterboxd profile