What music are you into right now??

Comments

• I heard about the Def Leapord drummer. For some reason I keep forgetting about him until someone mentions the band and then I remember him. I have never heard of Jeff Healy. I am going to look him up now.
  • I can't stop listening to Volbeat it seems...

When I am writing I tune into my Blue Sky Black Death channel on Pandora though.

Twitter: @themightyjerd
    Fitness YouTube Channel: TheJerd.com's Channel
    Personal YouTube Channel: My Channel
    Podcast: The Comic Corner Podcast
  • OakspoorOakspoor Member, Moderator
    There are quite a few blind musicians.

And then there is Tony Melendez;

And this guy;

"but, masters, remember that I am an ass; though it be not written down, yet forget not that I am an ass" W.S.
    Wheaton's Law; "Don't be a dick." It's not THAT hard.
    Crawl. Walk. Run. Fly!
    New to the Forum? Check out our Forum Guidelines
    More of Mark Goffeney at this link.
    "but, masters, remember that I am an ass; though it be not written down, yet forget not that I am an ass" W.S.
    Crawl. Walk. Run. Fly!
  • Don_DiegoDon_Diego Member, Moderator
    Jason Becker has ALS and composes using his eyes.

"Go forth and screw up!" -New Vlogger Army

Youtube: youtube.com/ClassyDonDiego
    Twitter: twitter.com/Classy_Don

• @Don_Diego Thank you for the trailer for the Jason Becker documentary. I need to add that to my list of movies I want to watch. I mainly want to see it just so I can better understand how he is doing what is he doing.

@Oakspoor I am also impressed by Tony Melendez and Mark Goffeney as well. I’m just having problems coming up with words to properly impressed how impressed I am with everyone mentioned so far.
  • Anyone else snatch up the new Franz Ferdinand album this week? I'm loving it.
  • Great music videos.Loved it.
  • The disabled musical artists that I already know of are as follow.

Ray Charles: blind. He is a piano player and singer. When I have been posting videos I have been trying to find the art’s official YouTube, so I know the video will stay and not likely be taken down for whatever reason. But Ray Charles never had an official YouTube anything (partly because I think he died before YouTube exist) so the best I could find was duet he did with Willie Nelson. Ray Charles is the one wearing sunglasses, and Willie Nelson is the one with the beard.

Stevie Wonder: blind. He is a piano player, harmonica player, and singer.

Adam Levine: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (also known as ADHD). He is the lead singer of Maroon 5.

@Don_Diego, @Oakspoor, @Jens_H, @Biowraith, @Fiendish_Imp, I did want to personally thank you guys for actually naming some people with disabilities in the field of music. I know that probably was a kind of a left field adjacent question. Sometime ago in a different section of the internet I tried to start a conversation about disabled music artists with the thinking that maybe someone with a disability would see it and become inspired in some way learning about these other people. I understood the odds of that happening were slim and I would never know if anyone became inspired by it, but I thought I would take shot. My attempts of starting this conversation ended up getting no response of any kind. Part of me just felt the desire to try again here. So thanks humoring my left field question. It actually meant a lot to me.
  • I'm gonna be reading back thru this whole thread. Always looking for new stuff to listen to.
  • I'm pretty big into punk and alt. rock, and pretty much always have been. 

My all-time favorites include Sonic Youth, Black Flag, Minutemen, Shonen Knife, Sleater-Kinney, X, Melt-Banana, DEVO, the Soviettes, the Darkest of the Hillside Thickets, the Epoxies, and the Ramones.

Some current bands I'm into are: Big Eyes, Screaming Females, Calabrese, Arctic Flowers, God Equals Genocide, Zombina and the Skeletones, Mad Marge and the Stonecutters, Blood Red Shoes, Lemuria.
  • I've been listening to Savages quite a lot lately: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kebq-cENNn0. For once a band whose music is easy to describe: post punk.
  • I've been listening to the new Nine Inch Nails album, Hesitation Marks, which I have mixed opinions of.  Also a lot of a now-defunct Belgian trip-hop band called Lunascape, which I discovered posthumously via Last.fm's recommendations bit.
  • @cyannide I did the exact same thing when I found this thread. May you find many great songs, bands, and/or musical artists. And also feel free to share some music you like since that’s basically what we are all doing here anyway.
  • Today's jam, old school Deftones: 
    Playing old games, due to nostalgia and poverty.

"Go forth and screw up!" - Motto of the New Vlogger Army

Here's my channel - http://www.youtube.com/scottplaysbadgames
    Thanks @Scottplaysbadgames, now I have to go digging for some old cds since Deftones always reminds me of Black Flag.
    Crawl. Walk. Run. Fly!
  • You're welcome :)
    Playing old games, due to nostalgia and poverty.

"Go forth and screw up!" - Motto of the New Vlogger Army

Here's my channel - http://www.youtube.com/scottplaysbadgames
  • Fiendish_ImpFiendish_Imp Member, Moderator
    @scottplaysbadgames Saw them a couple months ago, amazing live show. Have you heard Chino's new side project, Palms? Highly recommend.
    Viva la Retrolution!

http://twitter.com/TheFiendishImp
    Steam ID: fiendish imp
  • The few who know me on here know I am all about the DIY scene and nerdpunk. The taxpayers, Ramshackle Glory, One Man Romance, Ghost Mice and all Chris clavin projects like Imperial Can/ Captain Chaos/ Tooth Soup/ Inky Skulls, The Sidekicks, the Menzingers, RVIVR, Lemuria @RachelEvil  haha!, The Wild (from Atlanta!) Eric Ayotte, Spoon Boy, The Maxine Levine Ensemble, ONSIND, and i could go on and on and on. I listen to a lot of music and alot of different kinds, this is just the more recent stuff I'm into, I won't go into jazz (charles mingus. nuff said) and the 90s (if you were a teenager in the 90s, you know what bands I'm talkin about but shoutout to Pavement, Smashing Pumpkins, and NMH as some favs!)

Here's the only video for the The Taxpayers I could find. They are up there with Defiance, OH as one of the best diy punk bands around and this song is in no way their best offer but its fun, its punk, it has a good message, and it has a video instead of a picture of the album cover. lol if you like this even only a little, please please please do your soul a favor and check out the album, "Paying so much for one goddamned meal" and if you're still not a fan...well...i just don't know what to say then, but I won't say anything mean ;)

"May thy knife chip and shatter"

Tumblr: http://flywheelshyster.tumblr.com/

• oh i'm on a roll...Pink Couch Sessions offers some of my favorite, somewhat acoustic some not.

Heathers, first album on plan it x:

The amazing spoonboy, many albums available PIX records

P.S.Eliot sadly is no more, which was a band, but you can hear more in Waxahatchee

and last but not least RVIVR, whose LPs you can get from their own label, just google yo

while i'm on a roll of introducing muzak to peoples :-D
    "May thy knife chip and shatter"

Tumblr: http://flywheelshyster.tumblr.com/