Guest Stars for Season 6

EsM900EsM900 Member
edited July 2012 in The Guild
Season 5 of the Guild had so many amazing guest stars, really, by the end it felt like Felicia Day was just rubbing our faces in it. I'm kidding of course - the guests were fantastic, *and* they managed to get Neil Gaiman to announce his Sandman prequel 10 months before the actual announcement. Pretty epic.

So for Season 6, what celebrities would you like to see pop their heads into the Guildverse?

I'm going to cast my vote for the bad astronomer himself - Phil Plait. Funny, smart, mean to simple folk - what more could you ask for? Yes, I know he lives in the middle-ish of the country, but he's got to come out to California some time right? 

How funny would it be for Clara to be a moon hoax believer and frustrate the crap out of Phil Plait? Comedy gold my friends. Comedy gold.
Co-Founder of Pleasure Zeppelins Industries and Team Pleasure Zeppelins. Also, proponent of our new line of carrier falcons. Because, really, when's the last time an e-mail clawed someone's eyes out? Join Us!

Slightly acerbic nerditude: https://twitter.com/EsM900

Comments

• Lets be unrealistic: David Tennant :p
  • @Jens_H Yum, talk about a nerdfantasy... but what about the inimitable Catherine Tate? David Tennant adjacent, and she was filming the Office, so she might still be around CA. Plus, we know season 6 is going to take place with Codex navigating her new job, and Catherine was pretty great as the unhinged eccentric boss/co-worker on the Office.
    Co-Founder of Pleasure Zeppelins Industries and Team Pleasure Zeppelins. Also, proponent of our new line of carrier falcons. Because, really, when's the last time an e-mail clawed someone's eyes out? Join Us!

• I know they're not all huge celebrities, but I think they should try to get all of the members of their improv troupe on the show.  Alex Albrecht, Tara Perry, Tony Janning, and Brooke Seguin (again for longer than a cameo!).

Unrealistically though.... a cameo from the Avengers, or just Chris Evans.
    Former Intern. Forever a Fan.

Current status: Workaholic @ welovefine.com
  • If they already had Nathan Fillion, why not NPH? :P
    Also..and I'm going completely unrealistic here - Tina Fey! :D 
    In reality I'm good with no guest-stars at all..just want some new guild episodes. :)
  • How about Leonard Nimoy?

I know he's mostly retired, but still does the occasional appearance! ;)
    Author, blogger, good egg. http://bit.ly/DuncanMc

• @ayelet YES YES YES.
    Former Intern. Forever a Fan.

Current status: Workaholic @ welovefine.com
  • Oh Tim Curry in whatever guise he wishes to appear, Stephen Fry or Andy Serkis or Simon Pegg, Bill Bailey, Tamsin Greig, Jo Brand. OMG we could go on and on and on.
    When not gaming I knit so I don't kill people so beware of a gamer girl with pointy sticks!
  • Hardwick Or Day 9 would be cool.  I think part of the charm is not reaching too high.  Codex has to have a nemesis at work, so who will be cast?  Perhaps that Joss Wheadon guy who was "introduced" in today's written by a kid ;)
  • Tim Curry would be pretty awesome! XD How about Mila Kunis, Adrianne Curry or AJ from WWE? They are gamers. I met Adrianne at Comic Con and she is awesome. I know she was hanging out with Felicia Day a bit at Comic Con too.
  • @ayelet - NPH FTW! Some of this new season is going to take place in an office, and he'd be great as a slick fast talkin sleazy marketing exec type, *or* they could do a total Dr. Horrible redux and he could be the shy quiet office mate who's trying to work up the courage to talk to her. I would melt! <3

• TriencoTrienco Member, Moderator
    I guess season 5 really did make me quote 2001 at some point (actually saying it would just ruin it). However, I'm not sure what to think about going overboard with cameos in season 6. Not that I would mind, but at the same time, they tend to rip you out of the story and can really screw with that whole immersion thing, by reminding you it's a show/movie/whatever.

What made them work in season 5 was that they were not just "neat, but pointless". In fact, they were absolutely necessary to make it a believable setting (what's a con without recognizable faces?) They made perfect sense and actually made you believe it more instead of less.

In the same way, I would like any cameos in season 6 to make sense, so they don't just randomly show up, but actually have a reason to be there and be relevant to the plot. It would probably be easy to just throw in Joss Whedon and write a funny/awkward scene with him and Vork. But how to make that relevant to the story? Considering how short each episode is, there seems to be preciously little time to waste.
  • @IceWithin - EFF YES on Tim Curry. I would swoon-sauce all over the place.

That said, I really want to find The Guild back at home, raidin' raids and talking smack to each-other in the lovably dysfunctional way that only they can. The convention was a fun and interesting shift, but I do miss the game-centric shenanigans of the earlier seasons. Also, moar Axis of Anarchy!
    Cheeky gamine gamin' geek. Gingers FTW!
    http://twitter.com/scarlettopia
  • How about Sons of Anarchy vs. Axis of Anarchy?
    Maybe John Waters?
    Man your battle stations. We'll have you dead pretty soon.
  • @Trienco I have to agree with you totally regarding guest stars in season 5 versus season 6.  I would rather season 6 focuses mostly back on the original six plus whoever Syd/Codex encounters at the new job.
    Visit my blog Martin's View at http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com
  • Not a celebrity, but since both have shown an interest in doing something together, I would love to see Dodger (from PressHeartToContinue, VidCon Fave 5) be like one of Codex' co-workers at The Game.
    I have a feeling she'd be a good fit for that kind of role :)
  • ClozeCloze Member
    There are so many people who would be great in it, I'd personally like to see Neil Grayson from eureka show up, or maybe get someone who is/was big in the actual wow community to show up like Kungen or Angwe or someone.